The Shoota is the Ork basic weapon, available to Shoota Boys. It packs a punch at close range, but rapidly loses effectiveness at medium or longer ranges. It comes in two base skins in addition to the Founders only Venerable skin, and also has a Master Crafted version and a unique version with a higher fire rate but more recoil and spread.
- Largest number of mods available for an Ork weapon
- High damage up close, where its high recoil and low accuracy doesn't matter
- High total ammo
- Terrible at long range shooting, even with a scope
- This also means that the useful number of mods is rather more restricted than what is actually available
The Shoota is most effective in close range engagements, so look for opportunities to ambush or close with your opponents. The Orks extra health and reduced headshot damage is to your advantage here, and strafing or AD shuffling can also help you survive while taking your enemy down.
Given the poor accuracy at long range to begin with, the options of varied builds is rather limited. There is little point to a scope, and the Heavy barrel makes it even better at the range it's best at, whilst not really affecting an already poor long range effectiveness. Choice of grip and magazine come down to personal preference.
Available Mods Edit
- Default Skin: available by default
- Alt Skin: Standard Crate
- Venerable Skin: Founders only
- Silva Shoota: DLC: Waaagh! Pack
- Looted 'umie Bolter: Limited edition relic item (not in-game as of 4 April 2017)