The Shoota is the most common Ork weapon. It's loud, it's inaccurate, probably ugly. Orks like the loud part and they tend to tinker around with the bits.
The Dead Shiny Shoota is the Master Crafted version of the Ork basic weapon, available to Shoota Boys. It packs a punch at close range, but rapidly loses effectiveness at medium or longer ranges. It is a random drop from the Artificer Loot Crates (12,000 REQ), and only has one skin.
- Largest number of mods available for an Ork weapon
- High damage up close, where its high recoil and low accuracy doesn't matter
- High total ammo
- Terrible at long range shooting, even with a scope
- This also means that the useful number of mods is rather more restricted than what is actually available
The Shoota is most effective in close range engagements, so look for opportunities to ambush or close with your opponents. The Orks extra health and reduced headshot damage is to your advantage here, and strafing or AD shuffling can also help you survive while taking your enemy down.
Given the poor accuracy at long range to begin with, the options of varied builds is rather limited. There is little point to a scope, and the Heavy barrel makes it even better at the range it's best at, whilst not really affecting an already poor long range effectiveness. Choice of grip and magazine come down to personal preference.
- Default Skin: Artificer Crate